MM Overseer Plus
Our traditional MM Overseer service is great for monitoring, but, if you want to have full comprehensive coverage, Mobile Macsters has you covered.
MM Overseer Plus affords you peace of mind in knowing your environment is continuously monitored for these and hundreds of other preventable issues that cost you time, money, and lost productivity.
MM Overseer is customized to your organization’s specific needs.
Having your company on a MM Overseer Plus subscription gives you the following.
For a flat, easy to budget monthly fee, you will receive:
- 24/7 Monitoring – Our monitoring services examine Macs and servers on the network that are being monitored by your Overseer Plus subscription. From RAM usage to security vulnerabilities, if a crucial system goes down, we’ll likely know about it before you do. And before it does, the software will examine backup logs so we know your data is safe!
- Non-Intrusive Maintenance – Our software runs maintenance routines, including software updates and antivirus updates/checks, often behind the scenes and always out of your way. What good is maintenance if it steals your productivity? With MM Overseer Plus, you decide when it’s done.
- Management, Advice, and Planning – We’ll find the problem areas in your setup, and we’ll recommend ways to fix them. We’ll put together backup strategies, business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans, fault tolerance strategies, bids, shopping, ordering, even some basic training.
- Increased operational efficiency
- Fast response times
- The ability to budget and save on in-house, full-time IT costs
- Mitigated risks of data loss and downtime
- Peace of mind knowing your environment is monitored 24/7/365
- Allows you to run your business by letting us deal with the day to day technology
- Maintenance routines
- Software updates
- Antivirus, Malware, Adware, updates/checks, often behind the scenes and always out of your way
If MM Overseer Plus cannot automatically address a pending issue and requires the attention of our Apple Certified Professionals, we will contact you to set up a “remote session” (additional charges may apply).
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about how the MM Overseer Plus works.
One way we make your Mac just work is by regularly doing maintenance on it. Some of these tasks run in behind the scenes while your computer is idle. If you return to your computer before they are finished, we will stop them and display this for you:
Otherwise, when we complete the work, we display this:
Some maintenance tasks we cannot do while you are logged in for fear we would interrupt you or lose unsaved work. We only run those when your computer is logged out.
When would I log out?
If you leave your computer at work, log out at the end of the day when you go home.
If you use a laptop, log out (and leave the lid open) when you can – perhaps before going out for lunch, or before you go to bed.
How do I log out?
Choose Log Out from the Apple menu. It will ask for confirmation, and then proceed to quit all of your programs.
What about my open documents? Won’t I lose work?
No. When you log out, applications will ask you to save anything that is left open and unsaved. If you click Cancel, the log out process is stopped.
How often should I log out?
We try to run maintenance every day but it’s OK if you can’t log out everyday.
When do reminders happen?
If maintenance has not run in over a week, we start to issue gentle reminders to do so. (We can shut these off if they annoy you.)
We get an alert if maintenance has not run in two weeks and will likely call you to see if everything is OK.
This one reminder says I have a “disk error” and comes up a lot…
Our software can detect a certain type of disk failure that, if left unchecked can make your computer unusable. When that happens we ask you to let us run the repair routine ASAP.
What if I log off and nothing happens?
It was probably too soon to run maintenance again. We don’t run it at every logout – at most once per day.
What if I log off but it’s taking too long?
For most of the process there is a cancel button at the lower left. Click it anytime to make the program stop. Your work is way more important so don’t hesitate to make us stop.
There is one process that you cannot cancel but the Cancel button will reappear when it is done.
Can I just shut it off?
Yes but this is a fundamental part of the proactive service you expect from us.
We would prefer to talk about what we can change to make the maintenance fit your specific requirements. Please give us a call!
We strongly believe that our unique approach will both improve the reliability of your Mac and stay out of the way when you need to get work done. Thank you for letting us be part of your success!